Márton Fucsovics scored four places, reaching a career spell on 38th place in the latest world ranking of men’s tennis players, led by Novak Djokovic, replacing Rafael Nadal.
According to the ATP website of the men’s tournaments, Nyiregyháza’s best player to date was ranked 40th, and he was able to move ahead even further, because he had to finish the Paris tournament and also the season due to injury.
In the best of 200 there is a Hungarian, Attila Balázs, who is moving forward to 189th place.
Djokovic, the best Serbian player, returns to the first place for the fourth time, lasting for two years at the end of October 2016. Marat Szafin from Russia has been the first since 2000 to be able to retire to the top position after the top 20 in the year. At the beginning of the year, a 31-year-old Djokovic, who had undergone elbow surgery, was still in the world ranking of ATP in May 22nd.
Men’s Tennis World Ranking (based on the ATP website, last position in parentheses):
1. (2.) Novak Djokovic (Serbian) 8045 points
2. (1.) Rafael Nadal (Spanish) 7480
3. (3.) Roger Federer (Swiss) 6020
4 (4.) Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5300
5. (5) Alexander Zverev (German) 5085
6th (6th) Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 4310
7. (7.) Marin Cilic (Croatian) 4050
8. (8.) Dominic Thiem (Austrian) 3895
9th (11th) Nisikori Kay (Japanese) 3390
10. (9) John Isner (American) 3155
11. (18) Karen Hacsanov (Russian) 2835
12. (13) Borna Coric (Croatian) 2480
13 (14) Fabio Fognini (Italian) 2315
14. (15) Kyle Edmund (British) 2150
15th (16th) Stéphane Cicipasz (Greek) 2095
… 38th (42) Márton Fuskovics 1122
… 189th (190) Attila Balázs 277